TUAW has a fluffy take on what is a serious problem. When people switch to the Mac they treat OS X like Windows, and sometimes it is VERY unforgiving of this treatment. First of all lets have the fluffy take, I’m going to do a later post with a longer list of ‘don’t do’ and ‘why’.
1) they close an
application’s windows thinking the program has quit.
2) they’ll download Firefox and then run the
browser from the disk image and then not be able to throw away the disk image because the program is still running. See
3) .exe files lie scattered around the desktop from aborted downloads of Flash Player
or some screensaver-cursor-spyware doodad.
4) untitled folder. untitled folder 2. untitled folder
3. untitled folder 4…
5) Using Safari’s Google search field to get to hotmail.com.
6) Desktop Picture or Wallpaper is not a synonym for Screensaver.