Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (12)

Inkspell, Cornelia Funke | Creation Robot
Creation Robot random header image

Inkspell, Cornelia Funke

March 16th, 2006 · 138 Comments

See updates at end of post.

Inkspell is the second book in the Inheart trilogy, I managed to get a signed harcover and it’s a good looking book. Inkheart is a great read, I’m not remotly shocked that it’s become popular and the film rights sold.

Inkspell is almost as good, but not quite. It’s darker, much more downbeat, and to my mind the characters do some things that don’t make sense, or have an obvious alternative that would get them out of a troublesome situation.

Despite that slight, this is better than most fantasy, it paints a serious alternate reality in deep detail, enough to make Tolkien blink and rub his eyes. In the Inkworld even the smallest fairies are dangerous.

Get Inkheart, get Inkspell, then be patient and await the third book …

Inkheart Inkspell

Just a few chapters into Inkspell, Mo (a.k.a. “Silvertongue”) sagely says to his daughter, “Stories never really end, Meggie, even if the books like to pretend they do. Stories always go on. They don’t end on the last page, any more than they begin on the first page.” A fitting meta-observation for this, the unplanned second installment in Cornelia Funke’s beloved now-trilogy.

Of course, it’s that sort of earnest, almost gushing veneration of books and book-loving that made the absorbing suspense-fantasy Inkheart so wonderful in the first place, with that lit-affection getting woven integrally into the plot (Inkheart being both Funke’s first book in the series, and the fictitious book within that book, authored by the frustrated Fenoglio, now trapped within the book, er, within the book. Fenoglio, perhaps not surprisingly, self-referentially wishes in Inkspell that he had written a sequel to Inkheart.) Inkspell should serve as a special treat for fans of the first book, as characters from Inkheart who have found themselves in the “real world” (if there is such a thing) find themselves read back into their own mythic, word-spun world–along with some of our favorite “real-world” characters. As with the previous book, Funke’s greatest accomplishment here is telling such a rich and involving (and fun!) story, while still managing sweet, subtle commentary on the nature of words and meaning. Expect a tantalizing finale, too–as Funke says, “No reader will forgive me the ending, though, without a part three.”

Update: Inkdeath, part 3, is expected out in English in October 2008.

Barnes and Noble has a summary:

The masterful conclusion to the epic, award-winning, bestselling INKHEART trilogy by internationally acclaimed author Cornelia Funke.

The Adderhead–his immortality bound in a book by Meggie’s father, Mo–has ordered his henchmen to plunder the villages. The peasants’ only defense is a band of outlaws led by Bluejay–Mo’s fictitious double, whose identity he has reluctantly adopted. But the Book of Immortality is unraveling, and the Adderhead again fears the White Women of Death. To bring the renegade Bluejay back to repair the book, the Adderhead kidnaps all the children in the kingdom, dooming them to slavery in his silver mines unless Mo surrenders. First Dustfinger, now Mo, Can anyone save this cursed story?

Cornelia Funke said on her website, “Inkdeath” will start only a few weeks after the second part of the trilogy has ended – near Ombra – and you will meet again almost all characters from “Inkspell”, joined by two new glass men and some more robbers. Some characters are going to play a more decisive role, such as Violante, Resa, and primarily Orpheus. This time, starting from Ombra, the story will move north, not south, and … well, I should not give away much more so far.

Category: Books · CreationRobot

138 responses so far ↓

• 1 FaridXMeggie4ever // Mar 17, 2011 at 8:11 AM

Dear Cornelia funke, I love the Inkheart series, but I was higly dissapointed with the ending of Inkdeath for may reasons, one Meggie falls in love with Doria, which I think is madness, because Farid was there for her since Inkheart-Inkspell and Doria was only there for Meggie for what a few months and stole her away from Farid, it really dissapointed me and two I really was dissapointed on how we never found out what happened to Orphues! What if he’s out there in the mountains and wrote himself a house or caslte and is plotting his revenge on Meggie and every one good plot huh? Also I think Meggie and Farid should get back together I’d really like to see another Inkheart book even if you said it ended at the third book like mo says books never end right? I’d really like to see a fourth book where all loose ends are tied up and Orphues is defeated and Meggie and Farid rule Ombra!

Reasons why I dislike the ending of Inkdeath: Farid and Meggie split up, (In my POV They should be together Farid was always there for Meggie and loved her first he deserves her not Doria) plus we never found out what happened to Orphues or Thumbling what happened to them? I don’t like cliff hangers, it’s not my fave ending to the book but it’s your decesion I’d just really like it if you made a tieng up loose endsbook, to Indeath and what hapened to Orphues and Thumbling and I’d really love it if Farid and Meggie got back together. I see alot of people complaining on how Farid and Meggie split up and Meggie likes Doria now I just want it to stop……………..I try not to complain about it but the part when Meggie chooses Doria over Farid makes me want to slam the book shut and not read it again, I love it all except the ending, I find it not very well planned out, alot of people really want another Inkheart book to the series I’d really love to find out what happens to Orphues did he die in the mountains? Is he alive and plotting his revenge? In my pov He is alive and plotting his revenge and he starts reading people away into a book he is making! He writes thier death stories and reads them into the story to thier doom…..That’s just what I think he would do….I don’t know about you it’s my pretend fantasty book I like to call InkEnding!

But seriously, I’d really love to find out what happens to Orphues and Farid and Meggie to get back together.

• 2 Chocolate // Dec 31, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Inkspell and Inkdeath are not going to be made into films so if you want to know what happens you will need to read the book

• 3 Poppy // Nov 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Is inkspell going to be a movie? i hope so i loved the book and if it is a movie im going to the first showing at midnight lol!

• 4 Lauryn // Aug 2, 2009 at 2:37 PM

omgg!!!!!!! i cannot wait to read the rest of ink spell i am on page 93 i think it is the beggining of chapter 9 its called meggie reads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yayayayayayaya l.y.a lauryn

• 5 Bob // May 15, 2009 at 12:18 AM

I hope you do!

• 6 InkStar // Mar 30, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Yes, the movie shoukd be word for word from the book. When dustfinger went home at the end and met his wife, it messed the whole thing up. Plus, Resa wasn’t supposed to get her voice back yet!! It completely messes up Inkspell if they make it a movie.

• 7 InkAngel // Feb 20, 2009 at 10:40 AM

UUUUUUUrrrrrrrrgggggg!!! I just finished reading Inkdeath! I am sooo mad at Fenoglio and Meggie, and most of all, Doria! Why did Fenoglio have to create Doria? Why did Meggie have to fall in love with him? Stay with Farid meggie! Stay with Farid!

• 8 InkAngel // Feb 18, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Hey Pix, it’s pg. 282 in the chapter “Cosimo” in Inkspell. And hey! I personally LOVED the movie, although i didn’t like the fact that Dustfinger went home at the end. Unless they do some serious twisting, there’s no way Inkspell is going to make it as a movie. But it was ultimatley great in every way except that. What do you want? For the movie to be word for word with the book?

• 9 CreationRobot // Feb 11, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I’m pretty annoyed that they messed around with the book so much. Ah well.

• 10 eden // Feb 11, 2009 at 12:33 PM

stupid stupid stupid im outraged that the movie had add ins & take outs i loved the book much better than the movie why why why ???

• 11 pixie girl // Jan 26, 2009 at 6:35 PM

what chapter do they kiss on

• 12 pixie girl // Jan 26, 2009 at 5:49 PM

what page do farid an meggie kiss on!!!!!!

• 13 Guinevere // Jan 24, 2009 at 3:39 PM

I saw INKHEART today. Its BASED on the book. Almost nothing like it… Oh and im reading INKDEATH.

• 14 InkReader // Jan 24, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Cornelia you are a GENIUS! Some of the best books I’ve read were written by you. You really are the “German JK Rowling”! You’ve inspired me to write books of my own. I agree with lexxie lexxie when she says “YOU ARE THE BEST”! I’d love to have an email address (but I do understand if you don’t want to).

:) -sincerly: InkReader

• 15 lexxie lexxie // Nov 25, 2008 at 7:18 PM

WOW I REALLY CAN’T BELIEVE IT INK SPELL IS SO INTERESTING I MEAN WHEN I FIRST LOOKED AT THE BOOK I WAS SO DETERMINED TO READ IT SO CORNELIA FUNKE YOUR THE BEST

TAKE ALONG TIME BUT I WILL SURVIVE :|
    :) AWESOME :)

• 16 Callie // Nov 9, 2008 at 9:44 AM

I loved Inkheart so much and now I’m reading Inkspell! I’m on request for Inkdeath at my library but I’m like number 55 so it’s gonna take a while! :(

• 17 Sarah // Oct 23, 2008 at 1:50 PM

I love Inkheart I am still reading Inkspell. I have Inkdeath and I cannot wait to read it! I was jsut look at the inside cover and I saw that dustfinger diedand was like omg no way! I was so not expecting that! SO I kinda know what happens to dustfinger oh well!

• 18 Gill // Jun 9, 2008 at 9:10 PM

i really oved the book inkspell and inkheart and i really loved it when meggie travalled to the inkworld

• 19 Kay // May 31, 2008 at 9:50 AM

I have been waiting for the third book forever! I can’t wait until it come out! And YES, Dustfinger comes back! I wouldn’t read it if he didn’t come back!

• 20 Holly // Mar 27, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Although that’s not official, they’re just temporary dates until a more accurate assumption can be made. The dates will most likely be changed for the better.

• 21 bob // Mar 27, 2008 at 10:17 AM

2dMacG hi super site thanks http://peace.com

• 22 Jackdaw // Mar 25, 2008 at 10:05 AM

InkDeath, InkHeart 3, will be out in English (USA) on October 7, 2008.

InkHeart the movie is out January 30th 2009 in the USA and Canada.

• 23 Holly // Mar 3, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Yeah, but Dustfinger really loved Farid, and he died so Farid could live. Besides, CF says that he’s coming back in Inkdeath.

• 24 zach // Feb 22, 2008 at 11:22 PM

i think this book is vry good. i also think dustfinger is rong to think he should leve farid behind. i also think dustfinger should not killed himself he was the best person in the hole book

• 25 Lunex_Marexai // Feb 20, 2008 at 10:19 AM

yeah, they postponed it….if they keep doing this there gonna lose fans, and thank you ^^” i aggree about Eragon! Sapheria rocked! eah, i can’t post when im at home so you ‘know, the movie will be out next year…..the book will be out this year ^^ sooo…im good for now. ~Lunex~

• 26 Lunex_Marexai(Heartless) // Feb 9, 2008 at 11:09 PM

lol, yeah, i aggree, i wouldn’t lose intrest, i have tons of books and manga to keep me busy, so all i have to do is re-read the stories, and you keep intrest, i sware, i have so many books, its like Elinors house all over again in my room!!!, i have homemade book shelfs everywhere, with posters and stuff too!!! xD, i have a reaaaaaaaaaaaaly big house sadly, and i have to clean it ><” but yeah, i hope the book and movie will be good!! and i hope they don’t postpone them!!1 i mean, my b-days on march 13th and i wanna get those as late b-day presents!!! TT.TT its gonna suck if they postpone the release’s!!

• 27 Holly // Jan 25, 2008 at 7:29 AM

Yeah, I was so annoyed about that. They said that they might push is back to January 2009. If they do that I think I’l probably just lose interest.
    Lunex Marexai
    Your dragon form sounds really cool. I think that in Eragon the movie, Saphira was the only one who looked realistic. Even the real people looked fake. But the guy who played Murtagh was a hottie. Garrett Hedlund. Hottie!

• 28 Lunex_Marexai // Jan 23, 2008 at 7:12 AM

which really sucks……They postponed the movies release date to keep fans waiting, i hear they’er privately showing it, so yeah…..www.corneliafunkefans.com you can read up on it there…

• 29 Lunex_Marexai // Jan 22, 2008 at 6:13 AM

Uhm, the Movies date to be released, was postponed even longer

• 30 Lunex_Marexai // Jan 22, 2008 at 5:51 AM

Lol? xDDD I’ve got both Eragon books and InkHeart books, so im good, and its gonna be InkDeath? Are you sure? I aggree with you though, they did change the storyline, and you know Saphera? (sp) well <.< I roleplay on another site, and waaaay before Eragon, My “dragon Form” looks like saphera, except for black scales, red & black feathered angel wings, and golden markings on the scales with spikes around the neck and 6 horns <.<” xDDD but yeah, the funny thing about that is, some of those char. are found in Saphera, hm, i think they should stick to hollywood cuz they don’t only give dragons & Elves bad names, they give Vampyers bad names too, but i think they should work on InkHeart th movie, and it better be good if not, they have Issues with Fantasy :(

• 31 Holly // Jan 19, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Yeah, I totally dig the eragon books but the movie wasn’t great. The cast sucked and they changed the storyline completely. The third book of Eragon is also out this year! I can’t wait, it’s called Brisingr! Both Inkdeath and Brisingr are out in the same year. That’ll keep me busy.

• 32 Holly // Jan 19, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Omg I can’t wait for Inkdeath. It looks so good. Has anyone seen the movie trailer for Inkheart? I have, it’s so awesome. They’ve got a really good cast and everything. The special effects look amazing as well, and I’ve even seen some things in it that weren’t in the book.

• 33 Lunex_Marexai // Jan 15, 2008 at 6:02 AM

Ye! I can’t wait till it hits stores, <.<” *has both books so far* one of my fave. series, Hm, i hope i can get it for my birthday xDD or sometine after, my friend nicknamed me “Luna” cuz im always up at night with my nose in a book xDDD its funny, hm, the trailer for the movie is pretty good, just hope the movie will be good as well. you know how it was with Eragon, the trailer and book were good, but when the movie got there, it wasn’t worth paying 20 bucks to see, in my opinion anyway, but i look forward to the movie and 3rd book none the less =^^=

• 34 Jackdaw // Jan 14, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Rumour is the book is back to InkDeath like Cornelia originally wanted. The book has been in English for a while and has/is been printed. For a March release the book is finalised already, now it is just waiting for it to come out :)

• 35 Lunex_Marexai // Jan 14, 2008 at 6:07 AM

Oh! and they have already translated it to english, i have both books, but yeah, can’t wait, and suppoidly March 19th? thats 6 days after my birthday xDDD and September? Oi, my brothers b-day is september 19th so both are like, in our birthday months xDD funny, but uha ye, bye bye!

• 36 Lunex_Marexai // Jan 14, 2008 at 5:59 AM

Hm, I must comment on both “InkHeart” and “InkSpell”, “InkDawn” eay? personally i’d go for “InkNote” or “InkDeath” can’t wait for the movie tho!!! im so excited xDDD well erm anaways <.<” im at school while posting this sooo……BYEZ FOR NOW!! KEEP US UPDATED!

• 37 meeeeeeee // Jan 10, 2008 at 4:27 PM

you’re right i have gotten really confused cuz at first i thought the next book was going to be inkdawn but npw i think its inkdeath oh well sigh… ok bye everyone and holly chill out

• 38 Salixa // Jan 7, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Okay, Holly, I’ll comment so you needn’t be upset. So the book comes out in Spring? That means only three-ish more months, hehehe! *maniacal, book-obssesed grin*
    But I’m confused about the titles. My friends in Germany talk about Tinteherz, und Tinteblut, und Tintetod, which translates to Inkheart, Inkblood, and Inkdeath. Someone tell me why I’ve been reading Inkspell instead of Inkblood, and why I may be waiting for Inkdawn, not Inkdeath! I’m confused! Publishers have problems!

• 39 Holly // Dec 25, 2007 at 9:36 AM

Heya! Merry Christmas everyone!
    And a happy new year!!!

• 40 Holly // Dec 23, 2007 at 8:51 AM

See what I mean? Nobody ever comes on this site. Come on guys, at least make it a bit more appealing.

• 41 Holly // Dec 11, 2007 at 9:29 AM

Yeah, I know but what I meant to say that it was like weeks after anyone said anything. Pretty crap if you ask me. So I won’t be coming on again. Bye! Nah, only joking! This website is ok, dudes.

• 42 Jackdaw // Dec 6, 2007 at 10:05 AM

Yes but not every day do people comment. Be patient :)

• 43 Holly // Dec 6, 2007 at 9:45 AM

Ok….does anyone even ever come on here? I kinda agree with you about the website being crap. I used to come on here everyday after I first posted to check if anyone commented on it. No-one did. It totally sucks dudes.

• 44 Holly // Dec 2, 2007 at 2:12 AM

I am sooooooo bored! I wish I could see the Inkheart movie now!!! It’s gonna be so amazing cos Brendan Fraser is in it, and he is so awesome!!!
    Sorry for being so excited, but I’m very hyper today!

• 45 Holly // Nov 27, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Yeah, I know. America has to wait until next september to see it. They are so gutted!

• 46 breanna // Nov 21, 2007 at 11:21 AM

Inkheart the movie is already made. It will be released to the public on march 19 of 2008

• 47 Holly // Nov 2, 2007 at 9:10 AM

Yeah, I also heard that the last book will be out in spring. I think that it’s gonna be out in april. I read it on Wikipedia. But it’s a bit of a dodgy site so I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

• 48 Holly // Nov 1, 2007 at 1:32 PM

OMG! I love the Inkheart book. I read Inkspell too and it’s just as good!! I can’t wait for the last book to come out!

• 49 Inkdeath/Tintentot // Oct 2, 2007 at 12:00 PM

I think that I’m going to faint Inkdeath will only be out in Spring 2008
    I just checked on the official Cornelia fune Website :http://www.corneliafunkefans.com/mainSiteIEUK.html

• 50 Inkdeath/Tintentot // Oct 2, 2007 at 11:51 AM

my friend is German and she is reading Inkdeath in German at the moment and it is called Tintentot but it has only just come out in German in the last few days so it still needs to be translated into English, and so they probably haven’teven started traslating it yet!!
    Does anyone know when it will be translated in English?

• 51 bookworm94 // Sep 21, 2007 at 2:11 PM

that would be interesting. george of the jungle! does anyone know who will be playing meggie?

• 52 Rosie Cotton // Sep 20, 2007 at 8:34 AM

I love Inkheart and Inkspell. I have read them both several times and can’t think of another pair of books that are better. I am so exited for the third book and the movie to come out next year. I love Dustfinger, who is like, one of my heroes. What do you think about Brenden Fraser playing Mo?

• 53 bookworm94 // Sep 18, 2007 at 4:09 PM

i’m on page 390 and i can’t wait to see what happens at the end. does dustfinger die? Does meggie get back to the real world? and what’s this about farid being Orpheus’s slave?

• 54 bookworm94 // Sep 18, 2007 at 2:44 PM

i’m reading inkspell right now and i can’t wait until the movie inkheart comes out. I can’t wait for Inkdawn either.

• 55 Roomee // Sep 18, 2007 at 2:17 AM

What is Cornelia Funke’s email address? I thought the title was going to be Inkblood? Well that doesn’t matter the only thing that matters right now is to just wait for the book and enjoy it!!!!

• 56 Ravenqueen // Aug 21, 2007 at 7:23 PM

hey booklover 94,

im fairly sure that the third book is going to be called indeath, although i think it sounds a bit morbid. It is rumored to come out sometime in mid 2008.
    hope that answers your questions!

• 57 Jodee // Aug 18, 2007 at 12:39 AM

So there is going to be a book three then? I gosh I hope so! I wanted to rip my eyes out at the end, I thought that dustfinger should have died and thats that. And of coarse that that stinking cheese face died or somthing, and Farid becoming his slave? WTH?! I hope that the third is written well. Though the rest of both of the books were FANTABULOUS!! =]

• 58 school girl 101 // Aug 11, 2007 at 3:43 PM

i cant wait i read inkspell in a day my dead could no tear my eyes off the book i do admit that i cried at the end i even got my little sister into the serries and she hates books i even want to write a book but like meggie i cant get past the first few sentence.

• 59 ravon // Aug 5, 2007 at 8:52 PM

i headr the name of the next book is going to be inkdawn, i hope that she wrights dustfinger back in some how if not i guess it wont be that bad.

• 60 Elinor // Jul 20, 2007 at 3:28 PM

i can’t believe dustf dies. was’nt that for what he left gwin???
    Also,i cant wait for book 3.
    (my real name’s Eleonora)

• 61 hey // Jul 7, 2007 at 12:16 AM

hi i just can’t wait to see the movies of inkheart and inkspell i have started reading the books in grade 6 i am now 14 i just love each book i have been waiting for so long.

• 62 booklover 94 // Jun 6, 2007 at 5:53 PM

Does anyone know the name of the third gbook or when it is comming out? Does anyone also know when the movie is commming out?

• 63 yoscelin // Jun 2, 2007 at 12:18 PM

I love your books when I finished inkheart I was sad like my best friend had moved far away

• 64 qsense.net - Comment on Inkspell, Cornelia Funke by book worm 100 // Apr 27, 2007 at 4:33 PM

[…] on Inkspell, Cornelia Funke by book worm 100 Channel: Creation Robot Comments URL: http://www.creationrobot.com/2006/03/inkspell-cornelia-funke/#comment-51509 Fri, 29 Dec 2006 03:49:29 […]

• 65 Kelsey // Apr 21, 2007 at 10:52 AM

I love the books she writes there so good. I can’t wait to see Inkheart the movie it should so good.

• 66 Katie // Apr 15, 2007 at 12:25 PM

I LOVE the books Inkheart and Inkspell! Fantasy is all I read and these are just awesome! I’m a total dragon junky, so it’d be cool if you put a dragon in there or something.

• 67 candy101 // Apr 10, 2007 at 10:10 PM

yeah I love the books too! but I can’t wait until the next book comes out!! 2008…WAY TOO LONG TO WAIT!!! :( :( I agree ravon and Matija… Roxanne is really mean to Farid! Meggie and Farid are the cutest couple!!

• 68 Matija // Mar 28, 2007 at 2:24 PM

I relly injoy this book. I read it over and over again. Roxanne is being to mean to Farid. It was not his fault. Dustfinger chose to die for Farid.

• 69 ravon // Mar 27, 2007 at 10:08 AM

i think roxane was being really unfair on faird i mean its not his fault

• 70 Cutie // Mar 24, 2007 at 8:31 PM

Cant wait till 08! My fav character is Roxane …..i mean yeah she can be rude sometimes but other then that shes totaly AWSOME ,along with Elinor.

• 71 cuteness // Mar 20, 2007 at 3:02 PM

08 you have got to be kidding me I cant wait that long. I read the books 2 summers ago and have re-read them 2 times already. TOOOOOOOOO LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNG TOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAIt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 72 bookworm 100 // Mar 16, 2007 at 12:56 PM

i know inkheart is being made into a movie are they going to make all 3 book’s into movies ????

• 73 ravon // Mar 16, 2007 at 12:51 PM

i think that it’s so cute that faird and maggie kissed …i just hope that the movie’s are as good as the book’s i really hate that when the book’s rock and then the movie sucks . i agree inkdeath all the way but im shur it won’t matter just so long as i get my hand’s on a copy ahhh cant wait till 2008!!!!!

• 74 coolio dragon ubsest girl // Mar 13, 2007 at 11:01 AM

you live in sisly. holy smokes! sorry i cant help.
    but i think inkdeath would be a cooler name than inkdawn. but i still cant wait to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 75 M&M // Mar 10, 2007 at 10:03 AM

HI I was wondering…Is there a place online to read Inkspell? My rents’ say I have ordered to much books online and I live in Scicily so there is the Books-A-Million around so can someone help?

• 76 collin // Mar 9, 2007 at 3:16 PM

movies would be sweet of inkheart and inkspell.I would buy those faster than i bought the books.

• 77 me // Feb 28, 2007 at 8:39 AM

i soooo hope they make movies out of them they were awesome books ^^

• 78 kewlgurl // Feb 11, 2007 at 12:44 PM

dragon girl you are kewl and so right

• 79 kewlgurl // Feb 11, 2007 at 12:38 PM

+ what is the new book’s name???

• 80 kewlgurl // Feb 11, 2007 at 12:37 PM

so is inkheart + inkspell being made into movies or wut???????

• 81 soccerchick // Feb 4, 2007 at 5:05 PM

hey i read them like a year ago and stuff and then i was sick during the weekend and so i read them. but when does the next book come out?? and i thought it was going to be called ‘inkdeath’ cuz of the words that were going to be put in adderhead’s immortality book thing?
    but its ‘inkdawn’ then?
    when does the movie come out??

• 82 bob the dude // Feb 2, 2007 at 1:57 PM

i know i am shocked that they kiss 2!!!

• 83 brittany // Jan 28, 2007 at 10:27 AM

oh my gosh! i cant believe meggie and farid kiss! wow, well since meggie is already choosen for inkheart, i want to be dustfingers daughter, brianna. that would be so cool!

• 84 bob the dude // Jan 26, 2007 at 6:04 PM

i am glad mo will live! thx Dragon Girl

• 85 Razza // Jan 26, 2007 at 5:31 PM

i don’t want to wait until spring 2008 to see the movie! ah, well. at least i have the books to re-read! :)

• 86 ellye // Jan 26, 2007 at 12:18 PM

inkheart and inkspell are great books!!!

• 87 Dragon girl // Jan 25, 2007 at 3:42 PM

wrong website, secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 88 secret // Jan 25, 2007 at 3:30 PM

I like Eragon

• 89 Dragon Girl // Jan 25, 2007 at 3:28 PM

dont worry, bob the dude

• 90 bob the dude // Jan 24, 2007 at 1:15 PM

Inkheart and Inkspell rock! i am reading inkspell and i am at the part when mortala shot Mo and the white ladys are about to take him! i hope he lives! :)

• 91 Brionna // Jan 21, 2007 at 4:43 PM

i’m completley in love with “InkHeart” and “InkSpell”. I can’t wait until the movie comes out either. But I really don’t know if i’d be able to wait until Spring 2008. I really hope it comes out sooner. I read InkSpell the day it came out, and I’ve been waiting since last year to read the third, and now i come to find i ahve to wait another year! Jeez, am I going to be deprived of a good book for awhile.

• 92 bob the dude // Jan 21, 2007 at 11:51 AM

i don’t want to wait till spring of 2008!!!!!!!! i hope there is a sequal to dragon too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 93 drogon girl // Jan 20, 2007 at 5:34 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dustfinger is a blond in the movie!?!?!?
    isnt blond hair like the opposite of red?!?!?!

• 94 dragon girl // Jan 20, 2007 at 5:19 PM

i just finished reading inkspell 10 minuts ago i cried so hard when Dustfinger died i hate sad stories i hope inkdeath or inkdawn or whatev its called ends happy.
    spring of 2008? youve got to be kiding me i cant wait that long!!!!!
    PS i hope there is a sequal to dragon rider!!!!

• 95 bob the dude // Jan 19, 2007 at 7:03 PM

just so u ppl know i am a girl i just like the name bob
    that is why my name is bob the dude :)

• 96 bob the dude // Jan 19, 2007 at 7:01 PM

i just finished inkheart last night ( jan. 18th ) i love inheart and i am going to read inkspell next!!!!!! i can’t wait to read inkdawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 97 mana // Jan 17, 2007 at 5:19 PM

i love your books!! i finished both books and i cant wait until the third book!!^^

• 98 rukia // Jan 17, 2007 at 5:04 PM

I love your books already!! Though I’m on the book “Inkheart” i love it!!! I even got “Inkspell” because I’m on chapter 39!! I can’t wait until the third book!!

• 99 arushi // Jan 16, 2007 at 7:01 AM

thanks for that ,isabella

• 100 Isabella // Jan 13, 2007 at 3:12 PM

I heard they already started filming in November. The next book is most likely going to be called Inkdawn as well :)

• 101 Jackdaw // Jan 8, 2007 at 9:32 AM

I just deleted about five comments due to the appaling level of English use in them.

If you are going to add a comment at least write something that makes grammatical sense. Otherwise how can anyone else make sense of it?

• 102 moonlite // Jan 7, 2007 at 11:08 AM

2008!!! i cant wait that long!!!! i really wanna aee the film

• 103 book worm 100 // Dec 28, 2006 at 7:49 PM

omg dustfinger i knew he would be back woooh hooo!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• 104 bailey // Dec 22, 2006 at 4:04 PM

I love both books and have read them millions of times over and over
    its hard to put them down but i still dont like the first to the second chapters in inkheart
    exited

• 105 Joey // Dec 17, 2006 at 1:43 PM

I love the books but I want to play Meggie!!!!

• 106 pep // Dec 11, 2006 at 7:00 AM

News on the third book/movie:

Many have asked wheather dustfinger is coming back well yeh he is.

The 3rd book is finished! it just has to be revised, illustrated and translated. That`s why the book will not come out before 2008.

Inkdawn probably will come out around Spring 2008.

Inkdawn(the third book) will start only a few weeks after the second part of the trilogy has ended – near Ombra – and you will meet again almost all characters from “Inkspell”, joined by two new glass men and some more robbers. Some characters are going to play a more decisive role, such as Violante, Resa, and primarily Orpheus. This time, starting from Ombra the story will move north, not south

if you want to know more go to the website

• 107 ravon // Nov 24, 2006 at 10:56 PM

awsome i dont like who they got for dustfinger tho

• 108 kaya // Nov 22, 2006 at 9:47 PM

if you go on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494238/ you can find out about who is who in inkheart

• 109 ravon // Nov 22, 2006 at 12:34 AM

inkdawn awsome any news on when its coming out i hope its as good as the last to

• 110 Jackdaw // Nov 19, 2006 at 4:27 AM

Good find Kaya, see http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/31/3231/summary.php for the direct link.

• 111 kaya // Nov 18, 2006 at 1:32 PM

appartently the film will come out in 2008 12 yr old eliza bennett wil be playing meggie. and the 3rd book is called Inkdawn. saw it on http://www.movieweb.com/news/02/15702.php.

• 112 book worm 100 // Nov 18, 2006 at 1:34 AM

theres pics out for the movie they casted really well but dustfinger is a blond he’s being played by pual bettany
    and mo/silvertongue/the blue jay -brendan fraser

• 113 ravon // Nov 16, 2006 at 10:13 PM

i want dustfinger back i cryed a litte when he died the story of the wight woman is so sweet …. want more inkworld
    i wish i could live there i think id be a stroling player or something

• 114 book worm 100 // Nov 15, 2006 at 10:39 PM

omg i love these books not to crazzy about the new move tho when some of my fav books they leav out alot when they have alot of depth like inkhart but i will still go and see it cant wait till book 3 hope it lives up to its name wounde what that is lol

• 115 Jackdaw // Nov 15, 2006 at 2:00 AM

I love this comment thread. I wish I could pet it.

I’m astounded that one person seems to have written a few of these comments. Why oh why I wonder. And then I know. The intarnarweb.

• 116 anna // Nov 15, 2006 at 12:33 AM

I loved inkheart and inkspell inthe next book please bring back dustfinger in the next book i cried my eyes out when he killed himself (he was my fav character) i can’t wait till the movie comes out if it dosen’t soon i’ll kill myself I really like dragon rider too I love dragons oh can u put a dragon in the next book inkdeath??? i really love your books!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 117 Jackdaw // Nov 4, 2006 at 4:37 PM

For the shockingly confused Cornelia Funke is a German woman who writes books. I’m a Canadian guy who tries to write books but never has the skill or the time. Can anyone spot the difference?

• 118 kaylyn // Nov 4, 2006 at 4:55 AM

ok i’m so happy that you are coming out with a 3rd book i’v never been so enchanted to a book like this before and i would have been heart broken if you weren’t going to make a 3rd. i really got into it and now that i have to wait so long my mind feels like it is starving. starving for some creativity and some excitment. So many q’s are still left and yet so little A’s are to come, i hope,. please let all of us who share this enchanted spell that has not only spun a sticky web around meggies heart and immagination but also ours when your next book comes out and what it will be called. some rumors say you are calling it “inkdeath” but we don’t know unless it comes from you.
    your reader
    -lewis

• 119 Cole // Oct 21, 2006 at 5:02 PM

OMG! y does it hav 2 come out sooo long from now? i mean common! i will b dead by then! lol jk jk! but still thats a long ways away

• 120 Goldentounge // Aug 22, 2006 at 5:19 PM

The interview that Jackdaw posted said Inkdeath would be published at the end of next year. Hoping for that instead of the 2008 theory.

• 121 Goldentounge // Aug 22, 2006 at 5:14 PM

Fall of 2008!!! That’s ridiculous, why does she need 3 years to get a book finished, my god that’s another two years from now.

• 122 fairywalker // Aug 22, 2006 at 4:08 PM

when is the third book coming out? whats its title? tell me all that you can with out giving away the story. thanx

• 123 Abbi // Aug 19, 2006 at 7:09 PM

i loved the first book. i’m still reading Inkspell so don’t tell me the ending. i heard the next book was coming out in October too. can’t wait!

• 124 Jackdaw // Aug 9, 2006 at 10:33 PM

Thanks Jessica. You can read an interview with Cornela Funke here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/03/AR2006010301219.html

Rumours are going round that her publisher is forcing her to change the title from Inkdeath to Inkdawn.

• 125 Jessica // Aug 9, 2006 at 8:41 PM

the working title is Inkdeath and it is supposed to come out in the fall of 2008 that is all i know.

• 126 Daisy // Aug 7, 2006 at 4:18 PM

Loved both books! I wanna know when the 3rd book’s out!
    Is it written? I wanna know :( I love the books sooooooooooooooo much!!!

• 127 Kate // Aug 5, 2006 at 12:49 AM

they’re making movies for Inkheart and Inkspell?!?! i cant wait!! i loved Inkheart and Inkspell was just as good and i cried at the end lol and i also want to know what the title is for the third book!!!

• 128 Keeli // Jul 31, 2006 at 2:52 PM

When is the 3rd book coming out and what is it’s tittle? I love the books!!!!

• 129 Jackdaw // Jul 29, 2006 at 9:32 AM

This is becoming one of the strangest comment threads on the Internet. I’m amazed but not surprised. Ah well, for the confused see my about page.

• 130 lacey // Jul 29, 2006 at 2:29 AM

I love all your books, and the fact that we will be able to see them on film but, are you worried that the movie will not do the book justice, like many of the harry potter movies. the books are always much better than the movie but maybe this on will be different. good luck

• 131 kate jones // Jul 27, 2006 at 5:39 PM

I love Inkheart. It’s a great book. I can’t wait to see the movie! I wish I could be in it. I love acting!

• 132 Jackdaw // Jul 18, 2006 at 8:05 PM

Well that’s pretty random.

• 133 Anna Lang // Jul 18, 2006 at 5:06 PM

Mrs.Funke, I would love to see ALL your books be made into movies!!!!!! I’m a big dragon girl. Could you write a dragon in the next Inkheart book?? Thanks!

• 134 Jackdaw // Jul 12, 2006 at 8:22 AM