Lifehacker has some great stuff on it; and an awful lot of total rubbish. Mostly due to the drive to keep posting rather than the staff, who I actually think are an intelligent bunch. Here’s a post with a couple of buried gems and a lot of driftwood, so I’ll sort through it for you.
10. Skip the copy/paste with AutoCopy
Control+C, Control+V. That is easy enough and more controllable. (ba da boom)
9. Copy links and their titles with CoLT
Can actually be useful. Try it and see how it goes for you.
8. Make reusable templates for posts and images
Maybe for images, but unless you are hand coding the HTML output from your blog this doesn’t make sense.
7. Live-blog from your phone with Jott
See Urgent Cat Business.
6. Automate repetitive code with text replacement
Maybe, but see 10.
5. Get topic-based post ideas sent to your inbox every day with Google Alerts
Now here’s a gem. I recommend this one.
4. Spend less time resizing images
WTF, see 8. Why repeat things in the same top ten list? Short on time?
3. Keep post ideas synchronized with Foxmarks
Useful, but not really blogging related. I like foxmarks a lot.
2. Quick post media (minimum writing required) with Tumblr
Like Twitter, I just don’t get Tumblr. Sorry. YMMV.
1. Bookmark and track email and posts with Gmail
See 3. Also why not use the bookmarklet that is built into WordPress? (And other blog systems).
If you have made it this far then see here.